Saturday, September 11, 2010

Blog Post #3

Micheal Wesch: A Vision of Students Today
This video is very realistic. It reminds me so much of the things I've had to experience in college. Especially the part about spending too much money on books that will never be open and getting only 7hrs of sleep. I mean now a days most teachers want you to buy a 90 or more dollar book that they barely teach out of. To me, it's a waste of time and money. Also about the facebook part, I can really relate to that. I am guilty of being on facebook in class when I'm suppose to be doing my work and paying attention. I think in order for problems like this to be corrected, the university need to have certain websites blocked such as facebook, myspace, and other chat sites.

Kelly Hines: It's Not About Technology
Ms. Hines hit the nail on the head. A teacher must be a learner in order to keep up with the new ways of improving teaching. Hines said "We must look at learning as the product of a successful day", which means teachers must make sure that every student is learningand understanding the subject at hand.

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?
In todays time, it is very important that teachers are technology literate. Now in every classroom, they have the smart boards but it can only help if the teachers know how to use it correctly.

Gary Hayes: Social Media Count
This was a great video. I believe social media have a big effect on the way teachers teach. Teachers are going to have to be technology literate so they can benefit their students. When teaching in the classroom, we should be able to present these tools and allow our students to use these resources to the best of their abilities.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. The Michael Wesch video really touched on how most college students feel. I liked you post, and I had some of the same ideas. Technology is only as good as the person using it, and like you said if a teacher does not know how to use the technology than it becomes useless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Block Facebook or change the way we organize and deliver instruction? I would disagree with you and say the latter is more important.

    Smart boards are not enough! Not by a long shot!

    Well, Gary Hayes' counter is just that. It counts in real time what is happening in the time it remains open. It is NOT a video!

    ReplyDelete