Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Post #4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please? Scott McLeod
I enjoyed reading this post. I think technology is improving by the minute everyday. i love the sarcasm in this post as well. Parents and teachers should teach their children/students this so they will be able to keep up with the new technologies but at the same time, also monitortheir activities until they get a good understanding about the techology.


The iSchool Initiative. Travis
I really like this video. Travis had some wonderful ideas on making the schools and classrooms much easier for both parents and students. I also love the idea about turning the iPhones into an iSchool. To me, this will help many parents get more involve in their children's schools.
Also, it will save alot of parents money because they would'nt have to worry about paying for books and other schools materials. Although there are many great ideas about the iSchool, I have concerns dealing with the teachers. I think it would be very hard for any teacher to grade all the students work and answer their questions through an iSchool. Don't get me wrong, the iSchool is a great idea but it need to not only be easier for the students but the teachers as well.


The Lost Generation
Well, I must say, this video started off very sad and depression. I like the way she formatted the information in this video. She stated that "Happiness comes from within is a lie and Money makes me happy." I think without happiness, nothing is worth living for because money comes and it goes but happiness stays forever. This video really caught my attention.


Eric Whitace's Virtual Choir
OMG!!! This was a very relaxing song. It's amazing how 185 people can come together and make something so wonderful. And to top it off, they never met each other. This shows us how the Internet and technology these days are improving. It makes me want to learn everything there is to know about the new technology.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Jameica! You are exactly right, technology is changing and improving everyday. But, it kind of evolves and what is out now will be obsolete next year. The earlier we get the students started in the process the better.

    Your blog looks good overall. The "About Me" gadget should be at the top of the left column. Don't forget to proof read before posting. SS

    ReplyDelete