Thursday, October 7, 2010

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler
This video is about a student with a teacher whom theory is learning through a social network. So we all have ask, why have a teacher? Teachers can offer you guidance when you are having difficulties. I personal, don't think I am ready to be a teacher of a network.

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment
I have not started on my PLN yet so therefore I can not compare their's to mines. Still thinking of an topic.

The Machine Is Changing US by Michael Wesch
This video was quite confusing. I couldn't put it to my life but at the beginning, he showed two sets of pictures. One of his classroom which he stated, " they are not socially and politically engaged, they just aren't there", and one of American Idol audiance which showed opposite expressions than his classroom picture. There are something structure about us that make us act or feel a certain way.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope you will be prepared to be and want to be an educator in a connected classroom.

    You are late with your PLN! The start date was 8/29. And no topic is needed. Have you read/watched the materials about PLNs? Apparently not. You must learn about PLNs before you can report on yours.

    I will have a post on The Machine Is Changing Us on the class blog soon. You are correct. It is a challenging video.

    4 days late

    ReplyDelete